Average Wind Speed in December at Canadian Cities
The amount of wind that Canada's major cities usually get in December is listed below.
The tables give the month's normal wind speed, in miles per hour (mph) and kilometres per hour (kph). There's also information on how many days December usually has with strong winds, when it blows at least 52 kph (32.3 mph).
The numbers are averages of weather data collected during 1981 to 2010.
|0.7||Abbotsford, British Columbia||5.8||9.4|
|3.2||Halifax, Nova Scotia||11.0||17.7|
|0.1||Kelowna, British Columbia||2.9||4.7|
|1.7||Kitchener - Waterloo, Ontario||9.2||14.8|
|3.8||Moncton, New Brunswick||11.9||19.1|
|0.5||Québec City, Quebec||9.4||15.2|
|1.4||St. Catharines - Niagara, Ontario||11.3||18.3|
|2.7||Saint John, New Brunswick||10.6||17.1|
|8.1||St. John's, Newfoundland||15.6||25.2|
|0.3||Thunder Bay, Ontario||7.4||11.9|
|1.0||Vancouver, British Columbia||7.6||12.2|
|0.7||Victoria, British Columbia||6.5||10.4|
Environment Canada. Meteorological Service of Canada. Canadian Climate Normals. 1981-2010 Climate Normals & Averages.
More on Weather in Canadian Cities
- Average December Temperatures for Canadian Cities
- December Wind Chill at Cities in Canada
- Precipitation Averages for Canada's Cities in December
- December Sunshine at Major Canadian Cities
- Average December Snowfall for Cities in Canada
- December Humidity Levels for Canadian Cities
- Amount of Cloud Cities in Canada Have in December